<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\07531017763\46blogName\75Blogging+to+Fame!\46publishMode\75PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\46navbarType\75TAN\46layoutType\75CLASSIC\46searchRoot\75http://blogandpingtutorial.blogspot.com/search\46blogLocale\75en_US\46v\0752\46homepageUrl\75http://blogandpingtutorial.blogspot.com/\46vt\75-9216898857782065796', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

They questioned- Why do I blog and even Z-listed me.

Saturday, February 10, 2007

I got both tagged and Z-listed simultaneously. So I’ll try and do justice to both in this post.

I was tagged by Ilker of ‘The Thinking Blog’, this tagging is for 5 reasons about why you blog. I have done a similar post in past, but that was about 5 things my readers do not know about me.

Why do I blog? Let me think…

I won’t be able to give 5 reasons because there is just one and that is I love blogging, and everything about it, whether that be sharing knowledge or what I learn online. This blog is dedicated to discussions that would make blogs popular by just not search engine optimization but making it more accessible, consumable, valuable to visitors.

I would also love to provide any help regarding blogging and you can post your issues in the comments.

I would be tagging and Z-listing Sir Lex Luthor, Antman, Paul O’Flaherty, and Franciov, below which will also be including Ilker.

Melanki was the one who included me in the Z list so I am tagging her in return.

The Z- List meme

Mark Collier named it the Z list to largely as a contrast against “the A list”, a term used to categorize a list of ‘elite’ or well-known bloggers with very popular blogs. The Z List emphasizes the sharing of blogs that are not widely read or known in the blogoshere.The key is to-Copy and paste the entire list below into a new post in your blog. Remove your own link if you’re on there, and feel free to add any blogs you want to the top. Include a link to the blog where you got the list from, publish it and that’s it. Bloggers will notice this link and hopefully join in, linking back to you & giving out more links to others on the list. Note that you can join the Z List meme even though your blog haven’t been tagged. Just copy and paste the list below and add Blogandpingtutorial.blogspot.com and any other blogs you want to share on the list and publish it in your blog.

How can I participate in the Z-List Meme?

Finally, the exact steps you need to follow in order to join the meme.
1. Create a new post on your blog.
2. Copy and Paste the entire list of blog links below
3. Add any blogs that you want to include near the top of the list. (This isn’t compulsory, so you can either add as many blogs as you want or none at all.)
4. Include the blog where you first got the list from, on the list in your post.
5. Do not include your own blog links on the list in your post.
6. Make sure that all links point to each blog’s homepage.
7. Publish the Post.

The Origin of this Meme comes from Mark of Viral garden.

Here are my adds-

Taking Over The Web One City At A Time
Irish in Denmark that’s Paul O’Flaherty. He would know why I did this.
Franciov Weblog
The Thinking Blog
Cre8buzz
DoshDosh I got listed from here
The list that I got is-

Connected Internet
Blog-Op
Mike’s Money Making Mission
Time to Budget
Can I Make Big Money Online
Blogtrepreneur

Flee the Cube
Blogging Secret
Blogging to Fame
Million Dollar Experiment heads Down Under
Quest to make money on the internet

Kumiko’s Cash Quest
Calico Monkey
Internet Bazaar
Shotgun Marketing Blog
BrandSizzle

bizsolutionsplus
Customers Rock!
Being Peter Kim
Pow! Right Between The Eyes!
Billions With Zero Knowledge

Working at Home on the Internet
MapleLeaf 2.0
Two Hat Marketing
darrenbarefoot.com
The Emerging Brand

The Branding Blog
CrapHammer
Drew’s Marketing Minute
Golden Practices
Viaspire

Tell Ten Friends
Flooring the Consumer
Kinetic Ideas
Unconventional Thinking
Buzzoodle

NewsPaperGrl
The Copywriting Maven
Hee-Haw Marketing
Scott Burkett’s Pothole on the Infobahn
Multi-Cult Classics

Logic + Emotion
Branding & Marketing
Popcorn n Roses
On Influence & Automation
Bullshitobserver

Servant of Chaos
converstations
eSoup
Presentation Zen
Dmitry Linkov
aialone

John Wagner
Nick Rice
CKs Blog
Design Sojourn
Frozen Puck

The Sartorialist
Small Surfaces
Africa Unchained
Perspective
gDiapers

Marketing Nirvana
Bob Sutton
¡Hola! Oi! Hi!
Shut Up and Drink the Kool-Aid!
Women, Art, Life: Weaving It All Together
Community Guy
Social Media on the fly

Till then Happy Blogging,
Divya Uttam

Labels:

posted by Divya Uttam, 10:38 AM

6 Comments:

I thought you were blogging to fame? :)

commented by Blogger ilker, 12:17 PM  

Hi Divya!, This is a cool idea: it is like 2000 Bloggers yes? It is fantastic if everyone will post the list on their site. Soon, many of us will rank in the top 10,000! from 54 million to 10,000!

commented by Blogger Lex Luthor, 12:29 PM  

Hello Diviya!

Thanks for keeping the Z-list alive! Stay tuned, Dmitry.

commented by Blogger Dmitry Linkov, 1:08 AM  

While I can't exactly figure out Technorati (once I joined all my numbers went crazy), I can say that the Z List has kept me in the 25,000 to 21,000 rankings - pretty good because before the Z List I didn't even know about rankings! =] Thanks for keeping it going and listing Women, Art, Life.

commented by Anonymous tammy vitale, 5:04 AM  

Hi Diviya,

Your one big reason for blogging makes sense to me; especially your use of "valuable".

Most are just guessing about what might or might not be valuable. Without a conversation we will always be guessing and hoping that a search engine formula just might know what we call relevant.

Blogs are a very human way of discovering the relevance and value the exists between us.

Found your blog via The Thinking Blog.

Keep creating,
Mike

commented by Anonymous Michael Wagner, 1:02 PM  

Hello again Divya,

I am here to inform you that I will not be participating in blog memes anymore. As you know, I am not into SEO and my last post should clarify that a bit more. But thank you for thinking about me and adding 'The Thinking Blog' to the Z list! *hugs*

Kind Regards,
ilker

commented by Blogger ilker, 5:03 PM  

Add a comment