Some people will not just stop fooling others. The more brilliant internet platforms prosper the
more scams you will find related to it.
I recently saw a banner ad below:
Curiously I clicked on the banner and which took me to the site of “Washington Reporter”...(http://washington-reporter.com/college-dropout-shares-secret-fb/?keyword=KAT_728_01) Sounds like a credible URL. To my surprize it was a scam from
someone promotin Twitter Cash Kit.
A not so intelligent search on Mike Steadman brought up the following results...
It’s strange that somebody will give you $25 per link you post even if you have absolutely no twitter followers.
Twitter Cash Kit is being promoted at all possible places in all possible ways, and even on twitter. The strange point is some people actually bought it.
I will put it as another scam which could only have a few people interested. If you do a quick search you will find people who bought it complaining on different forums like Get Saqtisfaction.
I can point many scams that are going on, in the online space, but I would rather let you know how not to fall prey to such spammers, specially if their is cash invloved.
- Before buying a product, always research about the company or individual selling it. You may try putting product's name in quotes + scam. For example- "Twitter Cash kit" + Scam. And for a change you will find yourself learning from other's mistakes :)
- Do not fall pray to "Your distant relative died and left you cash" emails, and don't ever send your personal information to them.
- While making a payment always do so through secure payment gateway.
- One of the most famous scams are Job Scams. One explained above may fall in this category. Avoid jobs that ask you to buy something or pay a security before you can join. These will turn out to be scams or otherwise worthless anyways.
- Do a search on Scam.com for the name of the company, which is a great forum where people complain about being scammed.
Hopefully this post will get atleast one person saved from getting scammed. Go get your luck out there.