From Link Fetcher to Link Magnet
Monday, January 15, 2007
Most people who are self-made SEO gurus, are more in worse situation when all their link building fetches a PR of 3-4. Even if a website is created and maintained by a layman without doing any SEO, and without stressing too much on Link-building would easily get a PR of 4. I can say this with a lot of websites and blogs I have been monitoring from more than a year. Just a basic niche targeting and being topic sensitive would help.
Links not only increase page rank but also traffic, and who wont like to get a link? We all love people talking about us and linking to our blogs and websites. Some websites sell links and some others look for reciprocal link.
And if you have a decent blog, be ready to get sweet request for Link exchange.
As always I want to state clearly and reminds of few older posts, might be with few others online. Search the web and you will get obvious, tedious but obvious ways of link building:
- Writing really brilliant and unique content
- Writing something stupid or controversial, make people talk or discuss you even in disguise, give you link.
- Give people Ideas of Change and help them improve. May be!
- Give them a reason to laugh. Many times if you can get smile on people, they love to link you, more over help you get lots of traffic through recommendations.
- Give people quiz or test. This evokes even the dullest mind reaching your blog to get out of sleepy mood. People write and do discuss and do send their visitors.
- Share your experiences and approach to the unique problems in your niches.
- And the most obvious, give something …for free. People love sending their traffic to cool freebies.
11 Ways of Link Building Pro Style and how to make more sense of your links.
How to create links-
1. Keep emphasis in building relationship and not link.
2. Making a world class business
3. Ethical Link Baiting
4. Build credibility and reputation so that people can Link you more confidently and reasonably.
5. Participating in Forums would help you more in building relevant links.
6. Link exchange should be limited to maximum of 25% of your overall inbound links
7. Getting Links from important places of a website. Links under sponsors or advertisement are mostly discounted.
8. Try to get links organically, don’t keep asking for them.
9. Get listed in important directories as it helps in SERP, and developing keyword relevance.
10. If you are going Link Shopping, purchase links from higher Page Rank and for longer Time Span. Search engines take time to give value to links from high Pr, so such links should only be brought for atleast a span of a year.
11. Permanent Links are the most preferable kinds. For this you need write posts that are linkable and credible.
What should not be done?
Keeping all your emphasis on building link. Not working to improve the blog or website. Being Just another website or blog. Not working towards improving usability and Content Consumption of your blog.
If you have a new or yet to develop blog, do not buy a single link from very high Page rank websites. This may get Search engine suspicious of you and you may land in the Sandbox. If you wish to buy links then buy many of them on regular intervals and for longer periods.
Popularity and Links should be grown and handled properly, otherwise they work against you. Do not get links but earn them. They are not only long lasting but will bring you both Fame and Traffic. Search Engines will follow.
Don’t get Links, Earn Links
Bookmark this article:-
Technorati Tags:- Link Building,Linking