If you wonder what to blog...
Saturday, September 29, 2007
Is it one of those days when you do not have anything to write atall in your blog? Don’t hit yourself on the wall. It is inevitable. Whether your blog is about some niche or about yourself you’ll find days or even weeks when you do not have something to talk about with your readers.
Don’t give it up, here is what you can do-
1. Surf the web and find what others are talking about- It might give you some really exciting new idea. Friendly debates are good, go ahead and present your views, on the topic. If the blog has track back enabled, you and the other blogger will have exchange of visitors, bringing you new ones. This will not only bring traffic to your blog, but attention from people who would like to read the comments from both sides.
2. Newsletters help- If you are like me, you would have subscribed to newsletters, but have never opened them to read. Go to your inbox and find something insightful. Newsletters often bring lots of articles in them. You just hit a jackpot. Do not plagiarize, borrow the idea. Its like the dish you will need to re-cook to it your own. Spice it up with your special dash of lemon.
3. Favorite articles- There might be articles that have helped you with solutions for your problems, help your readers with them. Link to a few of these, write a little summary and how they helped you. You are ready with a very good post of your own.
4. Pick again the topics you already talked about- Now you can either add some more information to what you already have talked about or play the devil’s advocate. Talk about the same thing from the ‘other’ angle. There are many ways to talk about the same thing. Prooving it by a different angle may give your reader clearer picture and you a definitely thought-provoking article.
5. Feature a Site, review a blog- Once a week or a month, you can feature a site or a blog related to your niche. Review a tool that is helpful, your readers will love you for introducing it to them.
6. Invite a guest blogger- Let someone, whose writing style, you like take the charge. You can also post an article that offers free reprint rights. You can let the guest to promote their site, and leave the resource box intact. If you have problems like “I cannot give away visitors” or “I don’t want anybody else to take the credit”, I would like to make you realize something that you consciously or unconsciously know- readers leave your site anyways. They either shut down their computer or take some other steps to leave. So why not give them a reason to return. And that one reason is quality. They will always return back for it- if you give them quality.
Bookmark this article:-
Technorati Tags:- Business Blogging
Labels: Better Blogging